The chocolate cake is a much treasured and loved recipe, which is enjoyed by millions of people all over the world. The richness of chocolate makes it a perfect addition to cake recipe, to be eaten as a celebratory treat in birthday cakes or any other cakes.
Over time, there are many variations in chocolate cakes. A basic chocolate cake recipe contains eggs, butter, cocoa powder, and chocolate, however, now one can enjoy a bar of delicious chocolate even without eggs.
One such chocolate cake which is loved by everyone is Black Forest Cake, and the recipe for this cake is as easy as eating a cake. Black Forest Cake can be enjoyed on any occasion, be it a birthday, an anniversary, or even without an occasion, you can enjoy a slice of this delicious cake with a glass of wine.
Black Forest Cherry Torte Cake
Ingredients for cake
· Four gram of butter
· Eight gram of brown sugar
· Four gram of plain chocolate
· Seven gram of flour
· One-fourth teaspoon of ground cinnamon
· One-fourth sour cream
· Three tablespoons of strong black coffee
· Two medium to large size eggs
· Pinch of salt
Ingredients for Pastry Base
· Four gram of cream flour
· Pinch of salt
· Two gram of icing sugar
· Two gram of butter
· One egg yolk
· A few drops of vanilla essence
· One tin can of black cherries
· One tin can of cream
· Four tablespoons black cherry jam
· Brandy or cherry juice
· Four gram of grated chocolate
Directions for Cake
· First, preheat the oven up to 325 to 400 degree Celsius
· Then, beat cream butter and sugar together properly
· Melt chocolate and beat into creamed mixture, then mix in the eggs
· Mix flour, salt, and cinnamon together and keep on mixing until they are properly mixed
· Once you are done with this, fold in the sour cream and cold coffee
· Into a lined and greased deep tin pour the cake mixture and bake the cake for 1 hour and 25 minutes
Directions for Pastry Base
· Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl and bind until the mixture stiffens
· Roll the pastry onto a floured board work table until pastry is about the same size as the base of the tin
· Then, layout the mixture on the baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes
Assembly of the Cake
· Whip cream until it holds its shape
· Put some cream into pastry piping bag with a star pipe attached, and reserve this for the decoration
· Slice the cake into 3 equal-sized layers
· Drain the cherries, reserve eight to nine for decoration and remove the stones from the remainder
· Put the pastry on serving plate and spread the pastry with black cherry jam
· Soak the cakes with sprit used.
· Put one layer of cake on top of the layered pastry.
· Spread a layer of cream with half cherries.
· Put the second layer of cake and add another layer of cream and cherries.
· Now carefully add the final layer of the cake.
· Spread the remaining cream all over the cake and press on the grated chocolate
· Garnish the top with rosettes of cream and the reserved whole black cherries
Tips to keep in mind:
· Using three matching cake pans instead of one large is OK.
· Cooking oil, vegetable oil, or regular butter will substitute for butter.
· In some countries, the brandy is often replaced by rum, therefore, you can also replace the brandy with rum. It does not harm the cake in any way.