Starting From The Bottom:
Now no matter how much educated you are about coffee. Or how many coffee makers you used. You have to realize that commercial coffee machines are a completely different thing. Commercial coffee machines are very different and complicated as well. However, there is no need to panic. Because in this article, I will be talking to you about the top three commercial espresso machine out there. So without further delay let’s get into it. After reading the following reviews you will be much easier for you to decide between the best commercial coffee machines.
So you have made your mind that you will buy a commercial espresso machine. But that is not all. There is much more than that. You brought the fresh beans. You brought the ingredients. So now you are looking to set up the commercial coffee machine. Maybe in your office,a library or even if you are planning to set it in your own restaurant or coffee shop.
1. Breville BES870XL Barista Express Espresso Machine:
Now if you are a coffee enthusiast you must have heard the name of Breville. They are a very well reputed brand in the industry. And if not probably the best out there. They make the best commercial coffee machines you can find in the market. All their coffee makers are of high quality and the Breville BES870XL Barista Express Espresso Machine is no exception. Now if I have to start talking about this commercial espresso machine the first thing that pops up in my mind is the controls.
The problem with most commercial coffee machines today is that they are very complicated and confusing to control. The adjustable controls and manual settings that you feel like a real barista when using it. It’s also simple to operate, performs as well as machines costing hundreds more, and grinds beans right into its portafilter. Now some of you may question that why is it so complicated and not like every other coffee maker out there. Well, the truth is that this isn’t your daily commercial espresso machine that you use in your home. Of course, a gadget like this isn’t for everyone since it requires some effort and patience to operateThis is something way more than that.
The look of the machine is also very classic.old school and just like the other commercial coffee machines. The machine measures 16 inches tall by 13.5 inches wide and reaching a depth of 12.5 inches It is roughly the size of a standard drip coffee maker but about twice as wide. It is very strong and robust.
Apart from the design it really is a great machine. And by the looks of it, you can understand that it means business. The stainless-steel chassis and the hefty steel portafilter and handle attachment help its appearance, but the large bean hopper, companion burr grinder, and pressure gauge really seal its serious looks. You usually only see those features on premium semi and super automatic espresso makers.
The Pressure Gage:
One of the major things about this that attracts my attention is the pressure gauge. And it isn’t there just for adding the looks. It is a real pressure gauge that communicates the Breville’s brewing chops. Placed front and center on the control panel, the circular dial displays whether the internal pump is pushing hot water through your coffee grounds within the optimal pressure range. However, this is not the only feature that makes this commercial espresso machine a bit different. There are other features as well. Let’s have a look.
- Built-in grinder: The grinder inside the bean hopper is made of stainless steel. It extracts coffee very well extracting every ounce of fresh flavor and aroma possible. You are also able to get more flavor in each shot thanks to the maximized surface area of the grind. There are locks for added safety,removal, and easy cleaning.
- Adjustable Dials: You can choose any different type of coffee you want to drink. From fine to course, from full loads to single shots. The dials come in very handy and also easy to use. It has a filter size button so that you can change from single to double wall filter basket.
- Easy Tamping: The magnetized storage provides very easy tamping and amazing control.
- Hands-Free Cradle: Grinding coffee in this machine is very easy. You just have to push porta-filter into a cradle and put the fresh grounds right into the filter. You just have to stop when your desired amount has been reached.
- Cup Control: With this feature, you can choose the number of cups you want to have. You can also adjust the reprogrammable shot measurement settings.
- Super sturdy built quality and high-quality materials and components.
- The stainless steel casing keeps it clean and stylish.
- Has a hideaway storage compartment for cleaning tools.
- The dedicated hot water dispenser can make Americanos or hot tea in a moment.
- The package will come with some tools such as a perfectly sized tamper, frothing pitcher, cleaning and dosing tools.
- These will come very handy.
- Even if it is easy to clean if you are using it for the first few days it will be a mess.
- The grind can sometimes get sprayed on the counter.
- The drip tray fills up very quickly.
2. Lla Pavoni BAR-STAR 2V-R – 2-Group Commercial Espresso Cappuccino:
If you are in the market for a commercial espresso machine. And looking for the most technically advanced automatic / programmable coffee machine out there. Then the La Pavoni BAR-star 2V Red Commercial Espresso Machine would be the perfect one for you. Now before I go on to talk about the coffee machine I would like to tell you something about the company La Pavoni themselves. La Pavoni has been making commercial coffee machines for a great period of time.
Over the course of years, I have spent my life learning and drinking coffee all over the world. Now the reason why La Pavoni is such a reputed brand in the industry is because they are one of the first companies to actually came up with the idea of making commercial espresso machines. And the rest is history. All of La Pavoni’s products are of very high quality and the la Pavoni BAR-STAR 2V-R – 2-Group Commercial Espresso Cappuccino is no exception. This is probably one of the best commercial coffee machines out there and truly deserves a shout.
Design And Look:
The design of this commercial espresso machine is probably the most amazing thing about it. It is so beautifully crafted that it looks pretty just sitting there. It is one of those machines you can stare at for hours. But it’s not all about the looks only. It also makes a great cup of coffee.
If you move aside from the looks the story gets even better. The feature that sets this commercial espresso machine apart from the others is the 2V-R’s copper boiler with auto shut-off. Now you may wonder why this feature is so important. It is important because it allows you to get your cup of coffee within minutes. It also adds that extra security which is very important in commercial use.
There are also some other features as well that make this coffee machine a bit different from the others. The 14-liter copper boiler is another great addition. The addition of this copper boiler means there is no need to refill frequently as the copper heats the milk/water. You can also auto shut-off and manual reset the thermostat. The thermostat gives you the added layer of security to prevent any unwanted accidents or short circuits. Some people may wonder if the huge 14-liter boiler ruins the look of the commercial espresso machine. I would say not really. The machine still looks great no matter what.
Hot Water Button:
Lastly, I would like to talk about the feature that makes using this machine so easy and convenient. And that is the hot water button. The problem with old and classic espresso machines is the old twist key which has to be turned every time you want to work with it. However,with this one, it is not the case. Truly this feature makes life much easier. It also prevents the unwanted mistake in the water and milk levels in the coffee. The user just has to press the button and everything is taken care of. The 2 Steam wands also allow hot water and milk to blend perfectly with that beautiful cup of espresso, and 12-liter water softener also does a decent job of reducing the hardness of the water.
The Things I don’t Like:
No matter how good a product is. You have to realize that no commercial espresso machine in the market is perfect. Just like other commercial coffee machines this one also has a few things that I don’t like. First being the cleaning process. It is very easy to clean on the outside. You can just take a cloth and wipe it. But it is very difficult to clean on the inside. The rounded shape gives a lot of trouble cleaning it.
- Classic and old school design.
- Easy to use compared to other commercial espresso machines Has a brand value to it.
- A lot of handy features.
- Has an energy saving power switch
- A bit troublesome to clean compared to other commercial coffee machines.
3. Pasquini Livia 90 Semiautomatic Commercial Espresso/Cappuccino Machine:
If you are looking for a commercial espresso machine for a small restaurant,office or even home use. Then the Pasquini Livia 90 Semiautomatic Commercial Espresso/Cappuccino Machine will be the perfect choice for you. This machine is a sturdy beast. The components are really well made and of very high quality. It has excellent features and sets a whole new standard for what you can achieve with a coffee machine. In my opinion, this is one of the best commercial coffee machines out there for commercial use. And I would definitely recommend you to buy it.
The thing about this coffee maker that I like the most is the boiler. The boiler works on demand. This means the boiler is used to steam on demand and when it comes to the espresso water, it draws directly from the built-in reservoir. With this espresso machine, you can finally steam instantly and produce espresso shots one after another. In fact, frothing milk and brewing espresso are never going to be a problem for the Livia 90.
This feature is very important because it not only saves the need to wait on the boiler to recover between the milk heating and espresso brewing functions. However, there are also a number of other handy features as well. Let’s have a look at them.
- 1.5 Liter dual heat exchange boiler allows for simultaneous brewing and steaming.
- Solid stainless steel construction guarantees many years of excellent service.
- 15 BAR pump provides optimal pressure for perfect extraction every time.
- 3-way solenoid valve instantly relieves the pressure in the group making cleanup easier 36lbs 12H x 11.5H x 15H
- Nice and convenient design.
- Very sturdy and high-quality components.
- Perfect for commercial or office use.
- The switches can show a bit of problem sometimes.
- It is a bit overpriced compared to other commercial coffee machines in the competition.
Final Verdict And Personal Views:
Now that I have mentioned and talked about the three best commercial espresso makers you can find in the market. There are also some other things to consider as well before buying the best commercial espresso machine out there. You have to realize that these are not like your traditional coffee machines at home. These are far more complicated and a bit hard to use as well. They offer the perfect balance between control, convenience. Which is why they have to be operated by an expert such as a barista. Normal people without the right knowledge will just end up ruining the machine. If you are willing to invest in one of the best commercial coffee machines then make sure to hire a trained barista or try to learn first yourself.
Another factor is the price. These are not at all cheaply priced. Because these are not made for home or domestic use. These are specially made for commercial use. So first of all, think why you really need them. Then go for the purchase.
Which One To Buy:
Now you may wonder that even after talking about these machines why haven’t I suggested the best one for you. And the reason behind that is they all pretty much have the same features. All of them do a great job making a perfect cup of coffee. They all have almost the same price point too. The only thing that differentiates them is the design and the color of the machines. While one of them has a subtle and smooth design. The other one may have a glossy red design. One of them has a small figure whereas the other a huge.
But one common thing about all these espresso machines is that all three of them are the best commercial espresso machines you will find in the market. They are truly great and no other machine can even come closer to them.
Coffee Is Bliss:
Last but not the least I would take this opportunity to talk about my love for coffee. In my opinion, everything gets better with coffee. Coffee doesn’t ask silly questions. Coffee listens.