An average office-goer or a hardworking student sits for long periods of time. If that chair does not offer the right support or comfort, it can cause health implications that get manifested in the long run.
Especially now when working from home for students as well as employees has become a norm, using ergonomic furniture for study room or study space becomes essential. This not only helps in improving the posture, but reduces aches and pains in the neck and back, and also increases work productivity.
Here are some reasons why ergonomic chairs and furniture should be preferred over traditional items.
Reasons to have Ergonomic Furniture for your Study Room
An ergonomic chair is one of the most common types of chair found in an office. These are installed so that employees can work comfortably and productively on their jobs. Since the work location has shifted from offices to study rooms having ergonomic furniture provides the following benefits:
- Reduces Aches and Pains
Back pain and neck pain are common complaints that students and office goers have. Among the many reasons for that is sitting on the wrong chairs. Traditional chairs are not designed to sit for long hours. It does not support proper posture due to which there is a strain in the body. Additionally, they do not provide enough comfort which further causes discomfort. To overcome these use an ergonomic chair and study table that alleviates pressure and reduces pain.
- Supports Proper Posture
Long hours of sitting despite being mindful of the way you are sitting causes problems with posture. Moreover, in chairs that do not have basic ergonomics, you tend to lean forward and they do not offer the right height support to the back. Ergonomic chairs are useful in fixing it and these chairs also support the natural curvature of the spine by offering full-length back chairs which enhance the posture. Ergonomic chairs also come with mid-length and high-back chairs for added support.
- Increased Productivity
Using the right chair not only impacts your work life but also the overall productivity of the person. Several studies have been conducted which prove that using a comfortable and ergonomically designed chair for work or studies leads to more focus and concentration. That, in turn, has a positive effect on productivity.
- Alleviates Pressure on the Hips
The hip plays an important part when it comes to sitting or standing. It is a part of the body that bears the weight when you sit. That weight can lead to pressure points especially if you are sitting on traditional chairs which do not offer suitable depth.
- Boosts Blood Circulation
Sitting for even a few hours increases the risk of poor blood circulation. That can result in various physical and mental health issues like heart diseases, depression, etc. Ergonomic chairs can help in improving the blood circulation as it provides the right support to the body. Irrespective of the type of chair you use, ensure that you do not sit for long and try to move out of your seat every 30 to 45 minutes. That helps to increase blood circulation and also prevents illnesses and diseases associated with lack of proper blood flow.
- Improves Focus in Children
Having an ergonomic chair and desk increases focus and concentration in children. When they are studying on a piece of uncomfortable furniture they are distracted and are less productive. On the other hand, a child using a student-centric chair and table is more focused and engaged in learning. Ergonomics engages the mind and body and not just the body and thus helps in absorbing the information better.
- Better Well-being of Children
Ergonomic chairs offer flexible seating which means that your child can sit in multiple positions and in a relaxed manner. These movements help in increasing blood circulation to various parts of the body including the brain. That results in better focus, healthy body and mind. On the other hand, by using a traditional chair there will be restrictive movement and a lack of adjustments which leads to discomfort.
Ergonomic Chairs are meant for all Users
All types of users benefit from ergonomic chairs, like:
- Students who work on a pile of schoolwork spending hours on chairs and desks.
- Professionals who work long hours on their desks.
- People who have specialized needs for specific body parts like the back.
- These are adjustable chairs and suit all body types, workspaces, and users.
- It can be adjusted to your specific needs
Features to look for in Ergonomic Furniture
Now that you know the reasons for ergonomic chairs being the best chair for studying long hours or working for long hours. Here are some features to look for when you are making a purchase.
- Lumbar support: Ergonomic chairs come with lumbar support adjustment where the adjustments can be made based on the natural curvature of the spine.
- Height adjustable: The chair should extend both in the downward and upward direction so that the feet of the user are firmly on the ground.
- Width and depth of the chair: The seat of the chair should be of comfortable width so that users of all body types can sit comfortably. Also, make note of the depth of the seat and the specific weight limit.
- Wheelbase: Choose chairs with a wheelbase that can glide feely so that you can easily access things. Ensure that the wheelbase is stable and secure so that mobility and security are unhindered.
- The upholstery of the chair should be such that it is maintenance-free. Consider a chair that is made from breathable fabric as that is more comfortable during summers. Also, ensure that the quality used in the foam is good and long-lasting.
Ergonomic furniture be it the best chair for your study room or the study table is as important as furniture for other rooms. Proper designing of this space for your schoolwork or office work has many benefits. If you too want to boost productivity, comfort, and concentration then check out the work from home furniture collection from Wakefit, they manufacture high-quality products at affordable prices.